Sunday 19 April 2009

Holding on to a fading light...

The past few weeks weren't exactly honeymoon to me, in fact it was almost hell for me if not for the support of some of my friends and a special girl. During the past few weeks, i have seen how many things that we take for granted in our lives change so quickly, like how a fat boy devours a bag of chips. How old friendships have been severly and critically bent but not broken, how love may promise a happy ever after but eventually falls flat on her face many times, how current friends can become even closer friends and the human capacity to change and how i can finally pass Velfare 2000 and number one on ParaPara.

Its not that i am mocking simple things like friendship and love. Its simply because i have seen enough to believe that the road to true friendship and love is never ever smooth. (well, unless you live in a place called Far Far Away, which only exist in the minds of 3.142 people, mainly your dog, the microwave in your kitchen and me.) I still believe that all these are still attainable, we just have to put in more time and effort in order to achieve them. Friendship is like a house, we need to spend time and effort to build it. However, should like a freaking tornado comes by (or a series of unfortunate events as i like to call it, (get the hint)), what do we end up with? A half demolished pile of rubble. so whats the next logical thing to do? Rebuild it, and when another misfortune happens, repeat step 2. (if you live in a HDB then its a differnt case, good luck rebuliding 10++ stories of houses) Love is like.... well, a flower. Invest time and effot into it, you get something beautiful, if you dont, you get 3 pots of weed. I am not going to go into detail on how to put in time and effort into things like this. Its something that you should be born with. (For those of you who really dont know, look it up between page 1 and 2 of Hitler's cookbook, there should be a trillion dollar bill and address of places where you can get a book called "the dummy's guide to love" by your friendly neighbourhood drunk.)

I watched a movie today with my friends. It is called "Handsome Suit". I must say that it was really a good movie as i could really relate myself to the main character. It really enforced the thinking i had in me that when it comes to things like love, looks doesnt matter at all, and what matters is actually what is inside of you. The movie really kept me thinking about who i am as a person and how i function as a person.

My friends, i know some of you guys are wondering why i chose to love that special rose i chosen, why despite getting hurt by the thorns, i still chose to hold on, why i do so much? I chose to pick this rose from the garden not because it was the prettiest, there were many other prettier ones out there, but i chose to pick this special rose as it had the sweetest smell. A smell which always never fail to turn my frown into a smile. I chose this rose as i have seen how it has grown over the years, the harsh weather conditions it has to endure, and despite that, still manages to stand tall and strong, and i want to care for this rose as this red rose gave me hope, a hope which i will always treasure my entire life. I chose to do so much for this rose as i want it to bloom into something that i never had, and when it finally blooms, i can proudly say i did that and live my life without regrets as i will have the picture of a beautiful rose in my heart.

In short, things in my life has kept me thinking about everybody and everything around me, and i apologise to those people whom i have not given the correct amount of attention. Its just really hard for me not to be depressed after seeing so much. The saddness and depression of everyone's problems may have finally caught up. But not to worry, i will recover and resume my role of a good friend cum councillor, and obviously never quit my job as a lover cum gardener to a special red rose.

I would like to end this post by wishing Irwin a happy 18th birthday, sorry i cant come to your party, my mom didnt let me go out. T.T

Remember, vote no to proposition -23, If we ban 16 year old asian school girl from wearing pink socks, who is going to look cute anymore? 2.30 in the morning, i guess its time to sleep. Stay tunned for more next time as i attempt to last another few months without chippies.

No comments: