Saturday 11 May 2013

Surprises that made my day

This post is for the people out there who cared enough to remember, people who have shaped me in ways i never thought was possible.

Firstly, i would like to talk about something that really made my day today. I received a call from someone whom i thought would have been a distant memory now. It was a girl i used to hang with during my time in a JC. I know what you guys are thinking, but no, she is just a friend. What made us friends was the few things we all shared in common. We spent 3 years in a JC, we had many common friends, we hung out tgt and often gossiped about things in school. I remembered there would be a time where we would actually meet up early in school, me to copy homework, while she sat opposite me and we gossiped about the things that went round the school. Sadly, things changed and well, we drifted due to our commitments with other friends (mainly me). But what made me smile so much today was the fact she called to talk despite her busy schedule and the fact she still had exams til next Thursday. The convo was nothing out of the ordinary (except for a few new juicy gossips), just that at one point, where she said something i would have never expected to hear from her. To hear her say that she missed the times we all spent together, whether it being just the 2 of us sitting at a table opposite each other among the other of hundred students in the canteen waiting for school to start, to the times where we always bumped into each other outside and spent time just talking (mainly about my lousy love life and other gossips), made me felt wanted, made me felt that despite the other things and distractions in life, people still remembered the things that are and will always be important to me. If you ask me, the 10 min we spent talking on the phone, was a nostalgic memory of 3 good years spent together. It is people like her that are outside my really close group of friends that make me feel that my life is worth living despite all the hurt and pain i have been through. To this girl, if you are reading this, thanks and yes, i look forward to meeting you soon and often, since your bf also happens to be one of my best friends and my future school mate. haha

To my group of close friends, we are no longer friends, we are brothers. Thats right fuckers, >7 years of friendship = bros forever. Thks for tonight, not only because you guys are awesome in so many different ways, but esp also because tonight was really the first night that you guys actually came down to the serangoon area and stayed past midnight. Haha, nothing beats a chill night chugging down 750ml beer that only cost 7 dollars and spending time talking about things ranging from songs to girl problems all the way to how our future would be like if we all had girlfriends/wives. My only regret is that our dear friend Jasper isnt here to see and experience this as that black man is over in Holland. Have fun getting high with kevin you asshole, make sure you come back sober enough to start school proper.

To my brother 2LT Lim Wei Ren, I thought hard about what you told me as we walked to the prata store after drinking. I dont believe that I have it harder when it comes to girl problems. Most of the time its always me, I never had the courage to do things that you did. I would never come close to having what you have, sharing a really really strong platonic relationship with your girls. From what i hear, they all really care about you. Sometimes its really sad to see how both parties are just shy to tell each other how they feel. I simply believe that we are just 2 different people when it came to finding love. Its hard for me because i always chose a battle i can never win. Its hard for you because i feel you just dont know what you really want. No situation is harder than the other. just like how an orange is the better fruit compared to an apple. They are just fruits, same for us, we all have our share of girl problems, just that they are never the same, so dont tell me i have it harder just because you never see me close to success with a girl, but thank you for understanding the problems i face in my life. All i want to say to you is just please regardless of who you eventually choose, always remember that the other is still your friend, and you wont be who you today when it comes to love without the other person.

To my other brother Wen Chuen, I am really sorry if i am being a dick to you on LOL sometimes, its just the way you play sometimes just makes me mad and screw you over just like another moron pub. You aint the worst ADC i have seen, i just want you to play better so we both can have enjoyable games. But what i wanna talk about in this para is what you discussed with the guys while drinking. Yes, we all have thought of the possibility of our GFs/ Wives hanging together when we all do. It would have been great or even awesome, and i really share that dream with you. But sadly, i have to agree with Wei Ren that a scenario like that is really really rare. We all go for different girls in our lives, and its not a definite thing that our partners would clique. Just like trying to fuck Avril Lavigne or Christina Grimme on the bathroom floor, the idea is ideal and seems perfect to some, but sometimes its just a dream that might be nothing more than points of discussion. All i can do is promise to try to bring my future gf (if i evern get one) into the group, but i cant promise anything more.

To my other brother Darren Seah, FUCK YOU, I THINK I LOOK GREAT WITH CENTER PARTING, SO FUCK YOU AND YOUR OPINION. DEAL WITH IT. =)

I would like to end this post by telling Jasper to take care of Karen, Kevin and obviously yourself while you are over there in Holland. Send my regards to them and tell them i really miss them. To the people out there who cared, thanks, i wouldn't be who i am without you all, you being a girl or guy.

No comments: